Leadership crisis continues to haunt Odisha Congress
By The Hindu 01-Nov-2019
- The Odisha Congress, which has been losing its support base in the State its vote share eroded further in the recently held Bijepur Assembly bypoll .
- Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik had resigned from the post.
- The AICC dissolved the OPCC office, it retained Mr. Patnaik and two working presidents Chiranjib Biswal and Pradip Majhi.
- The opposition to Mr. Patnaik’s leadership has surfaced again in the wake of the party’s dismal performance in the Bijepur bypoll.
- The party, which had won three consecutive elections in Bijepur in 2004, 2009 and 2014, secured only 5,873 votes while the BJP bagged 37,967 votes and winner Biju Janata Dal polled 1,35,957 votes.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know