Jagannath temple jewels take centre stage in Odisha politics again as coffer keys remain missing
By Moneycontrol 31-Oct-2019
- The keys to Jagannath temple’s ratna bhandar (room of jewels) has been missing.
- The coffers of Puri’s famous temple with valuables worth crores, has remained shut for more than 40 years.
- Discussions over the safety of the huge cache of jewels sparked off when the members of both the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress began questioning the ruling Biju Janata Dal leaders about the keys.
- It resurfaced once again this year, garnering a lot of attention when Odisha Leader of Opposition Pradipta Kumar Naik sought an urgent audit of the treasures locked inside the 12th-century temple.
- He demanded the vaults be opened so that an audit of the huge amount of gold, silver, and diamonds can be done.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know