Govt should pay ‘jaziya’ imposed by Pak: Cong
- Congress leader Manish Tewari on Friday attacked the Modi government over Pakistan's decision to charge $20 from each pilgrim visiting the Sikh shrine of Kartarpur Sahib.
- Pakistan is expected to earn up to $ 3,65,00,000 from pilgrims visiting the holy Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur.
- The service fee from the pilgrims — Rs 259 crore per annum and about Pakistani Rs 555 crore.
- As many as 5,000 pilgrims from India will travel to Pakistan through the Kartarpur corridor daily at Rs 1,400 per pilgrim cost for 5,000 pilgrims comes to Rs 70 lakh daily-about Rs 265 crore annually.
Also Read:फगवाड़ा में कांग्रेस की जीत के कई फैक्टर आए सामने, भाजपा-शिअद हुए परेशान
- Why can't NDA/BJP government pay since they could not prevent Pakistan from imposing this jaziya?," Tewari said on Twitter.
- 'Jaziya' was a tax imposed on non-Muslims in earlier times.