411 child marriages prevented in Odisha
By Thehindu 25-Oct-2019
- Timely intervention by authorities and social activists have prevented 411 child marriages involving mostly minor girls in Odisha last year, said the State government.
- The risk of a girl marrying before her 18th birthday has dropped.
- The prevalence of child marriages among girls in the State was reported to be 21.3%, against the national average of 26.8%, whereas for boys it is only 11% against the national average of 20.3%.
- The State government on Thursday released a report on the status of child marriages and a strategic action plan to end child marriage.
- Odisha is ranked 15 in India for reported child marriages.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know