411 child marriages prevented in Odisha
By Thehindu 25-Oct-2019
- Timely intervention by authorities and social activists have prevented 411 child marriages involving mostly minor girls in Odisha last year, said the State government.
- The risk of a girl marrying before her 18th birthday has dropped.
- The prevalence of child marriages among girls in the State was reported to be 21.3%, against the national average of 26.8%, whereas for boys it is only 11% against the national average of 20.3%.
- The State government on Thursday released a report on the status of child marriages and a strategic action plan to end child marriage.
- Odisha is ranked 15 in India for reported child marriages.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know