Get This Citizenship Thing Out of Your Head: Mamata Banerjee
By Telegraph India 23-Oct-2019
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee assured the people of the state that no Assam-like detention camps would be set up in Bengal.
- Reassuring people she said, "In Assam, there is a BJP govt but we are here. So, I am telling you please get this citizenship thing out of your head.”
- The CM also repeated her opposition to the Citizenship Amendmendment Bill through which Non-Muslim immigrants from the neighboring countries are granted Indian citizenship.
Also Read: TMC MP Nusrat Jahan to fulfill Abhijit's wish of hilsa fish
- TMC is opposed to the bill on the ground that it makes religion the main criterion for citizenship.
- BJP president and Union home minister Amit Shah has said the bill will be passed before implementing the NRC.
क्या करतारपुर कॉरिडोर खोलना हो सकता है ISI का एजेंडा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know