Phagwara Cong nominee violates code, gets notice
Also Read: Notice to Bittu for going live on Facebook
- The Phagwara Assembly constituency recorded 55.9 per cent polling in the bypoll.
- Poll pundits say the low percentage could be due to disenchantment for candidates among voters and the ongoing festive season.
- Polling began at 7 am and continued till 6 pm, Returning Officer Latif Ahmed said.
- 800 police personnel, including two SPs, five DSPs and two companies of the Border Security Force were deployed in Phagwara, said SSP Satinder Singh.
- Congress candidate Balwinder Singh Dhaliwal wore a muffler printed with party symbol when he went to cast his vote at booth no. 184.