Over 53% turnout in bypolls to 6 assembly constituencies
By Indianexpress 22-Oct-2019
- The two crucial assembly seats Radhanpur and Bayad that went to bypolls in Gujarat Monday along with four other seats registered a polling percentage of over 61 per cent.
- The bypolls were held for Tharad in Banaskantha district, Radhanpur in Patan, Kheralu in Mehsana, Bayad in Arvalli, Amraiwadi in Ahmedabad and Lunawada in Mahisagar district.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party had fielded turncoats Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Zala from Radhanpur and Bayad respectively.
- The duo joined the BJP after the Rajya Sabha polls in the state earlier this year.
- The polling percentage stood at 62.95 according to the Election Commission figures released at 8 pm.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know