Andhra government shuffles ministers in-charge of districts
The News Minute
- The Andhra Pradesh government has changed the district in-charge ministers for 12 out of the 13 districts in the state.
- The in-charge minister has been changed for all districts except for Chittoor, with IT and Industries Minister Mekapati Goutham Reddy retaining the charge.
- Ministers were nominated for the districts through a GO issued on Sunday, superseding the earlier nominations passed on July 4.
- The district in-charge ministers are responsible for reviewing and monitoring the implementation of various government welfare and development activities according to the order.
- While most of the ministers were simply reshuffled and allotted a different district, three ministers were relieved of the duties of district in-charge and replaced.
ALSO READ: Andhra govt releases Rs 265 cr for AgriGold scam victims as promised