Goa stray cattle turning non-vegetarian: BJP Minister
By Navhind 21-Oct-2019
- Stray cattle in Goa's tourism savvy coastal belt, which includes popular beach villages like Calangute and Candolim, have "turned non-vegetarian" and only eat scraps of chicken and fried fish, claims the state's Garbage Management Minister Michael Lobo.
- Lobo, who is a BJP MLA from Calangute Assembly constituency, also said that 76 stray cattle from Calangute village, impounded and relocated to a gaushala.
- We always say cattle are vegetarian. But cattle from Calangute have turned non-vegetarian and do not eat grass, gram or the special cattle feed given to them," Lobo said
- Due to the consumption of such non-vegetarian food, their system has become like that of humans.
- "Specialist veterinarians have been roped in by the gaushala to medically treat the cattle with medicine. It will take them four to five days to turn them into vegetarians once again," said Lobo, who is a former deputy speaker.
Also Read: Goa’s Rs 20,485 cr debt burden worrisome: Cong
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know