No alliance, but ready to talk merger with Naidu's TDP: BJP MP GVL Narasimha Rao
The News Minute
- BJP leader G V L Narasimha Rao said that if N Chandrababu Naidu is ready to merge his TDP with the BJP, he is ready to talk to the party leadership.
- Addressing a news conference in Vijayawada, he also said that TDP chief Naidu was regretting snapping ties with the BJP.
- "But, I don't know if he is scared after seeing (P.) Chidambaram, (D.K.) Shivakumar and other leaders," he remarked.
- The Rajya Sabha member said that BJP didn't need any tie-up with the TDP as the party lacked credibility and even ideology.
- Claiming that the BJP had helped Naidu become the Chief Minister in the past, he said the TDP President never became the Chief Minister on his own.
ALSO READ: Andhra govt releases Rs 265 cr for AgriGold scam victims as promised