We Should Learn Decent Ways to Disagree: WB Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar
Nav Bharat Times
- WB Governor Jagdeep Dhankhar said that freedom of expression is a golden gift of the constitution and any intolerance can destroy the democracy of the country.
- Dhankhar's remarks came after the arrest of West Bengal Congress spokesperson Sanmay Bandopadhyay.
- The action was taken against Bandopadhyay after he allegedly criticized the TMC government and CM Banerjee on social media.
Also Read: Abhijeet Banerjee is a 'Big Personality': WB BJP President Dilip Ghosh
- The governor has been in dispute with the TMC government since he 'rescued' Union Minister Babul Supriyo from the student's assault Jadavpur University.
- The Governor said that let us learn civilized ways of disagreeing with each other. Intolerance by organized machinery is very worrying.