Shella set to choose MLA
By Telegraphindia 20-Oct-2019
- Campaign for the bypoll to Shella Assembly constituency in Meghalaya’s East Khasi Hills ended on Saturday evening, with six candidates in the fray to be the successor to late Donkupar Roy, who represented the seat for seven consecutive terms since 1988.
- Voting will be held in 58 booths on Monday and counting on Thursday.
- The bypoll was necessitated following Roy’s demise on July 28. He was also the Assembly Speaker and president of United Democratic Party (UDP).
- Candidates in the fray are Roy’s son Balajied Synrem (UDP), Joshua Warjri (BJP), Batyngshaiñ Ryngnga (Congress), Peoples Democratic Front’s Mosjo Wanswet and Independents Grace Mary Kharpuri and Komen Laitmon.
- On Saturday, chief minister Conrad K. Sangma campaigned at Shella market for the UDP candidate in the presence of its president, Metbah Lyngdoh, who is now the Speaker, and other ministers.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know