Admission of girls in Sainik Schools to begin from 2021-22 academic session, Rajnath Singh approves proposal
Also Read: Collective effort only can bring speedy development: Zoramthanga
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday approved the proposal to allow the admission of girls in Sainik schools across the country from the 2021-2022 academic session.
- The decision was taken following the success of the pilot project started for admission of girls in Sainik School, Chhingchhip in Mizoram two years ago.
- The minister has directed the concerned authorities to ensure the availability of necessary infrastructure and sufficient female staff in Sainik Schools.
- The Sainik Schools are a system of schools in India established and managed by the Sainik Schools Society under the Ministry of Defence.
- At present, there are 31 Sainik Schools in the country.