Poll din ends in Jalalabad, jobs major issue for voters
Also Read: Setback to SAD: Senior leader Paramjit Singh Raipur joins Congress
- Campaigning for the high-profile Jalalabad constituency ended today.
- Voters, who witnessed a one-sided contest during the previous three Assembly elections, are likely to see a fierce electoral battle between traditional political rivals — the Congress and Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD).
- The polling will take place on Monday.
- Both ruling and Opposition leaders have put in their full might with the SAD trying to retain the seat while the Congress trying to wrest it.
- “Although Sukhbir got streets and lanes constructed in villages, he failed to provide jobs to youths.