Uttarakhand government imposes ban on gutka, pan masala for a year
Also Read: दिल्ली की तर्ज पर उत्तराखंड में भी मुफ्त मिले बिजली और पानी
- In order to clamp down on the harmful effects of nicotine-based chewing products and tobacco.
- The Uttarakhand Government has placed a ban on the manufacture, storage, distribution and sale of gutka and pan masala in the state for a year.
- The Food Safety Commissioner Nitesh Kumar issued an order to this effect on Friday evening.
- The order stated that the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India forbids the use of tobacco and nicotine in any product as an ingredient.
- The Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, gives power to the State Government to impose a ban on food products in the public interest.