Andhra govt releases Rs 265 cr for AgriGold scam victims as promised
- The YSRCP government in Andhra is taking measures to ensure the welfare of AgriGold scam victims and has released Rs. 264.99 crore.
- This step by the government would benefit the lakhs of depositors who lost their savings.
- Around 200 people have lost their lives in Andhra alone due to the scam, while the victims are spread across nine states.
- The government on Friday issued orders releasing Rs. 264.99 crore which will benefit 3.69 lakh depositors in the state.
- District Collectors and Home department officials concerned, including DGP of the state, were asked to take necessary measures to disburse the relief amount.