Modi govt planning to implement NRC across India: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani
Also Read: Govt to build 30 gigawatts of renewable plants along Gujarat, Rajasthan border
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani claimed that the Union government is planning to implement the National Register of Citizens (NRC) across the country to expel illegal immigrants.
- Addressing a poll rally at Radhanpur in Patan district, Rupani also accused the opposition Congress of turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants.
- "For votebank politics, Congress allowed such illegal immigrants to settle permanently in India.
- Congress created a situation where citizens suffered because of these illegal settlers," he said.
- The BJP-led government under prime minister Narendra Modi is planning to implement NRC across the country to compel these immigrants to leave the country," said Rupani.