Govt to build 30 gigawatts of renewable plants along Gujarat, Rajasthan border
यह भी पढ़े : गुजरात विधानसभा उपचुनाव में खुद को भावी मंत्री बता अल्पेश मांग रहे वोट
- India is considering building 30 gigawatts of renewable energy capacity along a desert on its western border known for its sunny, windy and arid expanse, according to people familiar with the plan.
- The projects, which will be spread across the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, are part of efforts to expand the country’s renewable capacity.
- The plan was discussed at a meeting in Gujarat last week, they said.
- Land for renewable projects is a key challenge in India and the high cost of acquisition weighs on the price of electricity.
- The nation is increasingly looking at barren lands for building renewable projects so its energy goals don’t clash with its growing need for agricultural production.