Govt to build 30 gigawatts of renewable plants along Gujarat, Rajasthan border
By Livemint 17-Oct-2019
- India is considering building 30 gigawatts of renewable energy capacity along a desert on its western border known for its sunny, windy and arid expanse, according to people familiar with the plan.
- The projects, which will be spread across the states of Gujarat and Rajasthan, are part of efforts to expand the country’s renewable capacity.
- The plan was discussed at a meeting in Gujarat last week, they said.
- Land for renewable projects is a key challenge in India and the high cost of acquisition weighs on the price of electricity.
- The nation is increasingly looking at barren lands for building renewable projects so its energy goals don’t clash with its growing need for agricultural production.
क्या सरकार को हैदराबाद गैंगरेप केस एनकाउंटर की जांच करानी चाहिए?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know