With proposals pending for a year, Goa’s ease of doing business only on paper
- Chief minister Pramod Sawant’s urgent meeting with bureaucrats to ensure faster approvals for projects cleared by the Goa Investment Promotion.
- Proposals cleared by IPB have been pending for nearly a year due to delays in clearances, a mid-level officer with the department.
- The government came out with a single-window system, a website where investors and entrepreneurs could apply online for permissions but there is nobody to follow up with the departments,” the officer said.
- The state ranks 19th in the country as far as ease of doing business is concerned.
- On July 18, Sawant had promised to transform Goa IPB into a proper single-window clearance mechanism within two months. On Tuesday, Sawant and Rane repeated the same promise with a new deadline.
Also Read: Nauxi marina: CM assures to study matter