Chamling demads President’s rule in bypoll-bound Sikkim
- Former chief minister Pawan Kumar Chamling alleged that the law and order situation in bypoll-bound Sikkim has broken down.
- The law and order situation has “broken down” under the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) government headed by CM Prem Singh Tamang, Chamling told reporters.
- Chamling accused Tamang of instigating violence against the SDF workers to prevent them from campaigning for party candidate Moses Rai in the seat.
- A total of 15 candidates, including Tamang and former India football team captain Bhaichung Bhutia, are in the fray.
- The chief minister is at present not a member of the Sikkim Assembly.
Also Read: BJP-SKM alliance will win all 3 seats in bypolls: Sikkim BJP chief