Senior Odisha BJP Leader Damodar Rout Quits Party
- Senior BJP leader Damodar Rout resigned from the primary membership of the party on Wednesday.
- Rout alleged that he was not being involved in party activities ahead of the Bijepur Assembly by-poll in Odisha.
- Mr Rout, sent his resignation letter to BJP state president BK Panda.
- "Party doesn’t require my involvement in its programmes and policy-making process after the general elections," Mr Rout said.
PM Modi Wishes Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik 'Long, Healthy Live' on 73rd Birthday
- He was being forced to retire from active politics for not being relevant in the party, the letter read.