Gujarat brings out new port policy
By Thehindu 15-Oct-2019
- The Gujarat government has revised its port policy brought out in 1995 and removed restrictions on 33 private jetties, allowing them to handle third party cargo.
- The new policy allows the captive jetties to be full-fledged commercial ports across the 1,600-km-long coastline in the State.
- Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB), a nodal agency and port sector regulator in the State, is aiming at attracting approximately ₹4,000 crore of new investments in port-related infrastructure in the State.
- “Gujarat has a coastline of about 1,600 km.
- It has four private ports along the coastline and 33 captive jetties, which handle about 45% of cargos, while private ports handle about 46% of total cargos handled by GMB ports.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know