Karnataka Govt Seeks Centre’s Permission to Rename Central University
By Times Of India 15-Oct-2019
- Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa is seeking permission from the central government to rename the Central University of Karnataka in Kalaburagi after BR Ambedkar.
- He is also planning to rename Gulbarga University after Basavanna or Basaveshwara.
- This move is being viewed as the government’s attempt to reach out to Lingayats and Dalits and build a strong base for the BJP.
- The demand by SC and ST communities, the majority population in Kalaburagi, to rename the same university as Ambedkar University is an old one.
- In 2017, the Congress government had written to the Centre to rename the Central University of Kalaburagi after Ambedkar but there was no reply from the MHRD.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know