PM's 'Tamil Nadu Connect': Modi’s Domestic Politics through His Global Diplomacy Hasn't Been Missed
By News18 13-Oct-2019
- As he guzzled tender coconut water sitting side by side with Chinese President Xi Jinping, Prime Minister Modi was not unaware of soft messaging from the sands of Mahabalipuram.
- The veshti-and-angavastram-do were quite clearly a different kind of “Chennai Connect” than what was officially spoken of — the BJP's eternal quest for the Tamil voter’s approval was back in the picture.
- For the BJP, domestic politics is never forgotten, even if it comes via international diplomatic channels.
- The tone for the Tamil outreach perhaps began last month, when Modi chose to quote Sangam-era poet Kaniyan Pungundranar in his speech at the United Nations General Assembly to stress diversity.
- “Of course it is politics,” says Commodore RS Vasan, head of the Chennai Centre for China Studies.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know