Crorepati candidates in Gujarat bypolls: Builders, businessmen and a junior clerk
The Indian Express
Also Read: गुजरात में राहुल गांधी, सूरत की अदालत के सामने मानहानि केस में हुए पेश
- Real-estate developers, a businessman, and a junior clerk in a village school are among the crorepati candidates contesting in the upcoming by-elections to six assembly seats in Gujarat on October 21.
- Congress’ Radhanpur candidate is builder Raghunath Desai, among the wealthiest of those in the fray, with assets of over Rs 100 crore.
- Desai and his family own five cars, a revolver costing Rs 5 lakh and agricultural land in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Patan and Mehsana districts.
- The most crucial fight of these bypolls is expected to be between him and BJP candidate Alpesh Thakor who left the Congress after cross-voting in the Rajya Sabha polls earlier this year.
- Alpesh and his family own assets of over Rs 2 crore.