Modi-Xi Jinping meet: Mahabalipuram monuments closed to tourists
By Molitics 08-Oct-2019
- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has temporarily shut down tourism to monuments in Mahabalipuram.
- This is done ahead of the bilateral summit between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese Premier Xi Jinping.
- "Entry to the public is suspended in the [Group of Monuments, Mahabalipuram] from 08.10.2019 to till the completion of VVIP visit due to security reasons,” according to an order from the Chennai Circle of the ASI.
- Both leaders are expected to visit three of the monuments— the Shore temple, Arjuna's penance and the Five Rathas during their two-day visit.
- Local sources had earlier told TNM that hotels and homestays had been advised against entertaining visitors on the summit dates.
ALSO READ: AIADMK govt. most corrupt in country, says Sanjay Dutt
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know