Politicking over sacred occasion shameful: Mann
Also Read: Spent Rs 117 cr in Dera Baba Nanak, claims minister
- Condemning the politics over the events related to celebrations of the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev, AAP state convener and Sangrur MP Bhagwant Mann on Sunday said there shouldn’t be feud over stage or events concerning the auspicious occasion.
- While campaigning in favour of AAP candidate Santosh Kumar Gogi across 10 villages of the Phagwara Assembly constituency, Mann said the differences between the Congress and the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) over the functions were unfortunate.
- He said while the Congress and the SGPC had already announced to set up parallel stages at Sultanpur Lodhi, on her recent visit to the historic town, Union Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal said the Congress wanted to ruin the programmes planned by the Sikh body.
- Mann said, “It is shameful that religious and political leaders are fighting over names on foundation stones or seats on the stage and dragging such a pious occasion into petty politics.”
- Mann said, “The Akali Dal is indulging in politics of convenience by siding with the BJP where they have hopes of winning seats even as they have fallen out with the saffron party in Haryana.”