SC halts declaration of Radhapuram result
By The Hindu 05-Oct-2019
- On Friday, Madras HC completed a recount of 1,508 postal votes and over 15,700 votes polled in EVM during the 2016 Radhapuram Assembly elections.
- In elections AIADMK’s I.S. Inbadurai defeated the DMK’s M. Appavu by a slender margin of 49 votes.
- However, the results could not be declared owing to an interim order passed by the SC even as the recount was on.
- The recount took almost the entire day as the candidates as well as their representatives scrutinised each and every postal ballot.
- After examining the witnesses, Justice Jayachandran came to the conclusion that there was prima facie substance in the submissions made by the petitioner.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know