Min says blame for mining crisis is with ‘ourselves’
- Environment Minister Nilesh Cabral on Friday indirectly blamed the government and mining lease holders for the ongoing crisis that has hit iron ore sector.
- The Minister also urged mining engineers to explore other minerals that can be produced adopting sustainable techniques.
- State government in 2012 stopped mining and subsequently the situation went from bad to worse. Constitution of India provides lot of laws, which need to be in sync with the economic growth.
- Economic activities and laws should go hand in hand, but in Goa, I don’t see that happening,” Cabral said.
- He added, “We are to be blamed ourselves, for what has happened (to the mining sector).”