Coordination panel meets, but fails to break deadlock
By Thetribune 05-Oct-2019
- Yet again, the coordination committee meant to finalise the joint celebrations of main event of the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev at Sultanpur Lodhi could not break the impasse between the SGPC and the state government.
- As Cabinet Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa skipped the event, his colleague Charanjit Singh Channi represented the state government whereas Tota Singh and Bibi Jagir Kaur were from the SGPC side and Baba Naurang Singh from Baba Nihal Singh Hariayan Wela Wale was the independent member in the meeting held at SGPC headquarters here today.
- Randhawa, who was conspicuous by his absence, had already lodged his protest with Akal Takht against the SGPC’s move to go solo on inviting dignitaries while ignoring state representation.
- “After discussing it with the CM, we will give our viewpoint,” he said.
- Akal Takht had forwarded his letter to the SGPC and Jathedar Giani Harpreet Singh had said the matter could be taken up in the meeting.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know