Need more clarity over plastic ban: Gujarat Traders
By Dna 04-Oct-2019
- More clarity is needed on which plastic items are banned and which are not, the plastic manufacturers said after Prime Minister Narendra Modi had mentioned that he wants to make the country free of single-use plastic by 2022.
- The manufacturers also pointed out that action taken by government authorities so far brought many plastic units to a standstill.
- They reiterate their commitment to recycling plastics but the country needs to put in infrastructure for collecting plastics and the society needs to cultivate a habit of not littering anywhere.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his Independence Day Speech from the Red Fort this year announced that India would be made free of single-use plastic (SUP).
- Plastic Waste Management (PWM) Rules 2016 said that plastic material up to 51 microns are banned. Following the announcement by the PM, municipal corporations had started raiding plastic manufacturers, traders, shops using plastic bags.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know