Stop single-use plastic: CM
By Heraldgoa 03-Oct-2019
- Giving a clarion call to avoid and stop single-use plastic, Pramod Sawant announced that the government would impose fines on the violators in the near future.
- Speaking at the State level event organised to celebrate Mahatma Gandhi's150th birth anniversary at Gandhi Chowk Old Goa, Sawant lamented that though Indians gained freedom under the leadership of Gandhiji.
- We have started it with government offices, meetings and functions. But I want citizens to take the initiative and make this a mass movement through awareness," he said.
- On the occasion, Chief Minister launched cloth bags, manufactured by the State Handicraft, Textile and Coir Department. The bags would be made available to the public as substitute to plastic bags.
- In near future, we will impose fines against use of single use plastic items, he stated.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know