Odisha government sanctions Rs 40 crore for land acquisition around Jagannath Temple
By Newindiaexpress 03-Oct-2019
- The Odisha government has sanctioned Rs 40 crore for land acquisition in connection with the development of a 'Heritage Security Zone' around the Jagannath Temple in Puri.
- Joint Secretary to the state government Bimalendu Ray wrote a letter to the Chief Engineer, DPI (Design, Planning and Investigation) and Roads, Nirman Soudha in Bhubaneswar in this regard.
- "...I am directed to inform you that you are permitted to place a lump sum fund to the tune of Rs 40 crore available in Land Acquisition Head of Account for the purpose of land acquisition/direct purchases and R&R packages in respect of the aforesaid works and other related projects in Puri," said the letter dated September 30.
- The heritage library was established in 1921 by the then Mahant of the age-old Emar Mutt. The library has rare palm-leaf manuscripts and books on various subjects in Sanskrit, Odia and Bengali.
- Under the housing project, 600 houses will be constructed for the displaced within 1.5 kilometres radius of the temple.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know