Single-use plastic ban in State from today: CM
By Heraldgoa 02-Oct-2019
- Chief Minister Pramod Sawant announced that Goa will ban single-use plastic from October 2, which is 150th birth anniversary Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi.
- Sawant made this announcement during the flagging off ceremony of All Terrain Vehicle of Goa Police under CSR initiative of Goa Shipyard at Miramar.
- Sawant said Government has already issued an order banning the use of single-use plastic water bottles, glasses, plates, etc, in the government offices, canteens, meetings and functions from October 2.
- The Chief Minister said half of the plastic waste generation will stop if single use plastic and plastic bottles are banned in government offices and at functions and added that "cleanliness has to be our motto as we are a tourism State."
- From tomorrow (October 2) we are banning all single use plastic for everyone, he said. Speaking to Herald, the Chief Minister said that the ban will be for the entire state.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know