Jolt to Telangana TDP as Veerender Goud quits party, may join BJP
- TDP is trying to revive its fortunes in Telangana but it received a blow on Monday as the party's Telugu Yuvatha President T Veerender Goud resigned from his post.
- In his resignation letter, Goud claimed that the TDP had deviated from its ideology and therefore, he could not continue working for the party.
ALSO READ: Huzurnagar bypoll: a four cornered tug of war
- Over it BJP spokesperson Krishna Saagar Rao had said, “There is a possibility of Vijayashanthi joining our party."
- It was recently reported that the BJP may even rope in actor and former MP Vijayashanthi.
- While Munugode Congress MLA Komati Rajagopal Reddy had openly expressed his wish to quit the Congress and to join the BJP earlier.