Rajoana move gives hope to other convicts on death row
By Thetribune 01-Oct-2019
- The Centre’s decision to commute the death sentence of Balwant Singh Rajoana, convicted for the assassination of former CM Beant Singh, to life term has given a ray of hope to at least 12 convicts who have been awarded capital punishment and are lodged in jails for the past over a decade.
- Their execution has been delayed due to pending applications at various stages.
- A few of these cases were so gruesome that they had hogged national headlines.
- The Centre’s decision has given a ray of hope to these criminals, who expect that they might also have a chance despite their cases are not political, but cold-blooded murders.
- “There have been discussions and the convicts were seen asking our staff that on what pretext Rajoana managed to get his death sentence commuted to life term,” said a top official.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know