Mizo organisations to oppose Amit Shah’s visit to state on Oct 5
By Hindustantimes 29-Sep-2019
- Union home minister Amit Shah’s proposed visit to Mizoram next month may not go smoothly as the umbrella organisation of student bodies and civil society groups in the state are planning to oppose it, saying Shah will attempt to canvass for the proposed citizenship bill.
- Shah will visit Mizoram’s capital Aizawl on October 5, the first one after assuming office, and is expected to hold discussions about Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB).
- The bill seeks to provide Indian citizenship to Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, Christians and Jains from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan who entered India till December 31, 2014.
- The legislation, which was passed by the Lok Sabha, lapsed earlier this year after the Bharatiya Janata Party-led Centre did not table it in the Rajya Sabha.
- “The committee has resolved to oppose the visit of Amit Shah, which is to campaign for CAB.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know