Jyotiraditya Scindia writes letter to PM for immediate relief funds
- Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia wrote a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking for funds for relief works.
- Scindia said that Madhya Pradesh suffered a huge losses with extensive damage to crops and roads.
- “Around 596 persons have died, 1,731 animals killed, 67,033 houses damaged and 13,61,773 farmers affected," the letter stated.
- The letter also mentioned that a central survey team has already visited toured affected areas and took in account of the losses.
- It further asked the Prime Minister to issue funds for relief works immediately as farmers and people need urgent help.
Also Read : Scindia Unhappy with state government's flood Survey