Gujarat High Court rejects Sanjiv Bhatt’s plea for suspension of sentence
By Dna 26-Sep-2019
- In a major blow to suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt, the Gujarat High Court on Wednesday rejected his plea for suspension of the sentence awarded to him by a Jamnagar court in connection with a custodial death case of 1990.
- Bhatt was then posted in the district as the additional superintendent of police.
- The rejection came from the division bench of Justice Bela Trivedi and Justice AC Rao, which conducted a marathon hearing in the case.
- The rejection from the high court also means that Bhatt is left with no option, but to approach the Supreme Court for relief.
- Notably, sessions judge DM Vyas on June 20 had convicted the former top cop, as well as a constable Pravinsinh Zala, of murder under the Indian Penal Code and pronounced the life sentence.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know