Concerns Raised Over Operation Of Centres Of Excellence In Odisha
Also Read: Odisha govt employees to get salary on month’s last working day
- Concerned over the functioning of centres of excellence under different varsities of Odisha, the Higher Education Department today held a meeting with the vice-chancellors of different government universities and officials of the World Bank.
- During the meeting, Higher Education Secretary Saswat Mishra sought information on the utilisation of funds received from the World Bank in the first phase and the future roadmap.
- Apart from that, the VCs were assigned responsibilities to impart training for National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accreditation of colleges so that it will help in managing the funds.
- Vice-chancellor of Gangadhar Meher University in Sambalpur, Atanu Pati said, “We have to identify the colleges who are eligible for NAAC accreditation and train them accordingly.
- Decisions were taken on how such centres of excellence can be made self-sustained as World Bank grants will be withdrawn after 4 years.”