With decks almost clear for Karnataka rebels, parties set to finalise names
By Hindustantimes 25-Sep-2019
- With the Election Commission telling the Supreme Court on Monday that the rebels could contest the polls, pending the apex court’s order, all three parties feel they have received clarity and can carry on with preparations for the byelections to 15 seats in Karnataka.
- Former Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar had disqualified 17 MLAs – 14 of the Congress and three of the Janata Dal (Secular) – for their part in toppling the Congress-JD(S) coalition government.
- On Monday, the poll panel clarified in court that Kumar’s order that stopped them entering the House would deprive the rebels of their right.
- With the last date for nominations set for September 30, the three parties are now scrambling to finalise candidates for the seats.
- The BJP looks set to name the rebels in their former constituencies, even though some leaders have said they are nervous about the cadre’s reaction.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know