MPs’ kin can get ticket: Malik
By Thetribune 25-Sep-2019
- BJP state president Shwait Malik, who chaired a state election meeting on Tuesday, tried to clear the general perception among the party leaders and workers about the candidature of relatives of sitting MPs in the forthcoming byelections.
- Clearly batting in favour of Hoshiarpur MP Som Parkash’s wife Anita from the Phagwara seat, he said, “There have been so many instances in the country where MP and MLA are from the same family.
- There is no such specific rule (against it) in the party, though it will be for the parliamentary board, headed by party president Amit Shah, to decide and finalise the names of the nominees for the Phagwara and Mukerian seats.
- My job is only to discuss the names here and take the final list to the board which will meet in the next two or three days.”
- However, there was dissent among the committee members who attended the meeting today.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know