Soondh too in race for Cong ticket
- With the announcement of byelections to four seats in Punjab, the political scene in the Phagwara Assembly constituency is changing rapidly.
- In recent developments, Tarlochan Soondh (Congress) and Rajesh Bagha (BJP), former chairman of the SC Commission, have also emerged as contenders for the rival parties.
- Hailing from Phagwara, Soondh is the son of Jagat Ram who was assassinated during terrorism days.
- Soondh, who has remained party MLA from Banga, was Congress’ Doaba in-charge when Rahul Gandhi visited the area a few years ago.
Also Read: Cong mulls ticket for Babbi’s kin, Mukerian leaders upset
- However, senior IAS officer Balwinder Singh Dhaliwal and former minister Joginder Singh Maan are also in the running for the Congress ticket.