Odisha Literature Festival: Literature always a potent weapon for social change, says CM Patnaik
The New Indian Express
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday said literature has always been a potent weapon for social change and guiding the society.
- Addressing the concluding session of the 8th edition of Odisha Literary Festival organised by The New Indian Express, the Chief Minister said all along, literature has been the essence of social transformation and happiness.
- “The spark for major social changes across the globe has been ignited by revolutionary thinkers and writers. We all know how Voltaire and Rousseau had influenced the French revolution,” he said.
- The Chief Minister said similarly, Bhima Bhoi’s attempts at fighting out class barriers, Fakir Mohan’s role in awakening the society for girl child education and Prativa Ray’s celebration of woman power are a few of the innumerable instances as to how literature can bring social transformation.
Also Read: Work on Odisha's Palpala river bridge far from over
- Without literature there would be no great imagination or heart to do what we do in our daily lives, nor a quest to improve our future,” he said.