Work on Odisha's Palpala river bridge far from over
- The half-constructed bridge over Palpala river stands testimony to the apathy of the authorities towards the plight of around 6,000 villagers in Shamakhunta block of the district.
- The bridge, being built over the river at Tarajodi, is meant to enable the villagers to travel to Kuchilaghati which connects NH-18. Its foundation was laid by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on October 26, 2016.
- Work on the 150.67 metre bridge, for which Rs 42,22,067 was allocated, was supposed to be completed by November 25, 2017.
Also Read: Election Commission sets Odisha's Bijepur bypoll date on October 21
- The work was assigned to a Puri-based contractor under the supervision of Rural Development department.
- Even as almost two years have passed since the deadline, only 60 to 70 per cent of the work has been completed so far.