Work on Odisha's Palpala river bridge far from over
By Newindiaexpress 22-Sep-2019
- The half-constructed bridge over Palpala river stands testimony to the apathy of the authorities towards the plight of around 6,000 villagers in Shamakhunta block of the district.
- The bridge, being built over the river at Tarajodi, is meant to enable the villagers to travel to Kuchilaghati which connects NH-18. Its foundation was laid by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on October 26, 2016.
- Work on the 150.67 metre bridge, for which Rs 42,22,067 was allocated, was supposed to be completed by November 25, 2017.
- The work was assigned to a Puri-based contractor under the supervision of Rural Development department.
- Even as almost two years have passed since the deadline, only 60 to 70 per cent of the work has been completed so far.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know