Why No Simultaneous Bypoll for Seven Seats in Gujarat, Congress Asks Poll Body
By News18 22-Sep-2019
- The main opposition Congress on Saturday criticised the Election Commission of India for announcing by-elections to only four Assembly seats in Gujarat and leaving out three other vacant seats.
- The commission was acting under the BJP's pressure, it alleged. The state BJP, on the other hand, expressed confidence that it will retain the four seats.
- The ECI, earlier in the day, announced by-elections to Amraiwadi, Kheralu, Lunawada and Tharad in Gujarat on October 21. These seats fell vacant after the respective BJP MLAs were elected to the Lok Sabha.
- MLA from Amraiwadi, Hasmukh Patel, won Lok Sabha election from Ahmedabad (East), while MLA from Kheralu, Bharatsinh Dabhi, was elected from Patan Lok Sabha seat.
- Lunawada MLA Ratansinh Rathod won from Panchmahal and Tharad MLA Parbatbhai Patel won from Banaskantha.
- Two other Assembly seats in the state -- Radhanpur and Bayad became vacant subsequently, after Congress MLAs Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Zala resigned as legislators to join the BJP.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know