Why No Simultaneous Bypoll for Seven Seats in Gujarat, Congress Asks Poll Body
By News18 22-Sep-2019
- The main opposition Congress on Saturday criticised the Election Commission of India for announcing by-elections to only four Assembly seats in Gujarat and leaving out three other vacant seats.
- The commission was acting under the BJP's pressure, it alleged. The state BJP, on the other hand, expressed confidence that it will retain the four seats.
- The ECI, earlier in the day, announced by-elections to Amraiwadi, Kheralu, Lunawada and Tharad in Gujarat on October 21. These seats fell vacant after the respective BJP MLAs were elected to the Lok Sabha.
- MLA from Amraiwadi, Hasmukh Patel, won Lok Sabha election from Ahmedabad (East), while MLA from Kheralu, Bharatsinh Dabhi, was elected from Patan Lok Sabha seat.
- Lunawada MLA Ratansinh Rathod won from Panchmahal and Tharad MLA Parbatbhai Patel won from Banaskantha.
- Two other Assembly seats in the state -- Radhanpur and Bayad became vacant subsequently, after Congress MLAs Alpesh Thakor and Dhavalsinh Zala resigned as legislators to join the BJP.
महाराष्ट्र में अगर शिवसेना, एनसीपी और कांग्रेस के गठबंधन की सरकार बनती है तो क्या उसका हाल भी कर्नाटक जैसा होगा ?
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know