Study pharma pollution in East Godavari, says CM
- The State government has taken a serious notice on pollution allegedly caused by a bulk drug manufacturing unit in East Godavari district.
- The companies which were causing pollution got permission from the previous government.
- At a review meeting on fisheries on Friday, CM Jagan said that the area in East Godavari district was declared a hatcheries zone.
- He said effluents from the pharma unit let out into the Bay of Bengal would contaminate seawater.
- Previously Mr. Jagan, at a November 2016 public meeting in Danavaipeta, demanded the then State government to take necessary steps to shift the pharma company to Visakhapatnam.