Koregaon Bhima case: Warrant sought against witness for not appearing before probe panel
By Indianexpress 20-Sep-2019
- The advocate representing the state government in the Koregaon Bhima case on Thursday submitted an application requesting the Koregaon Bhima Commission of Inquiry to issue a warrant against a witness who did not appear for cross-examination despite being issued a summons.
- Advocate Shishir Hiray requested the commission to issue a warrant against Satish Hiraman Kedare from Manmad, Nashik.
- The commission, led by retired Justice J N Patel, which is probing into the causes of the Koregaon Bhima violence of January 1, 2018, had called Chandrakant Patil, Satish Kedare and Sham Nilangekar for hearings in Mumbai between September 17 and September 19.
- “Patil was cross-examined by advocate B G Bansode on September 17. But Kedare and Nilangekar did not appear on September 18 and 19,” said advocate Ashish Satpute, the lawyer for the commission.
- Hiray said Kedare did not appear for the hearings and is misleading the commission.
ट्रैफिक रूल्स में हुए नए बदलाव जनता के लिए !
Suffering From Problem In Your Area ? Now Its Time To Raise Your Voice And Make Everyone Know