Govt will not close down Sanjivani sugar factory, reiterates minister
ALSO READ Work order for Cacora waste management plant issued: Lobo
- Minister for Cooperation Govind Gaude reiterated on Thursday that the Sanjivani Sugar Factory would not be closed as long as he is in-charge of the same.
- The minister was reacting to media reports suggesting that the Sanjivani Sugar Factory is on the verge of closure.
- A visibly angry minister asked the media persons: “When we have already clarified our stand that the factory will not be closed, why do you raise questions over Sanjivani Sugar Factory?
- There is no plan for its closure and it will be fully renovated and modified. As long as I am the cooperation minister, the factory will not be closed down.”
- Appealing to the employees and farmers not to fall prey to such fear mongering, he said, “We had never talked about closing down Sanjeevani, but only talked about feasibility of starting the crushing season.