Tell Us How Many Factories Closed Due to Economic Slowdown, NCP Chief Sharad Pawar Responds to PM Modi
- Instead of telling how many new factories have come up, Prime Minister Narendra Modi should state how many factories have closed down due to the slowdown, NCP chief Sharad said.
- Addressing meetings of party workers ahead of Maharashtra assembly polls, the former Union minister also spoke about "Marathi manoos" getting elbowed out from the former textile district of Mumbai.
- "There is an economic slowdown in the country. The economy will be in trouble if the slowdown persists. Investment dynamic has gone wrong," Pawar said at a meeting in Nanded.
Also Read: Maharashtra Assembly Polls: Bring back Fadnavis to power for stable govt, PM Narendra Modi urges people
- "Prime Minister @narendramodi tells new factories have come in the country. But instead of telling how many have come, he should declare how many factories have closed down," Pawar tweeted later.
- Lakhs of youngsters are jobless, he alleged. At a meeting in Hingoli, Pawar said of the 120 textile mills in Mumbai, the state's capital, only ten are operating.